Friday, November 6, 2020

STUNT with COVID

 A while ago, I talked about the STUNT team finally getting the go ahead to start stunting. We were able to stunt for about 3 weeks, until our president received a call informing her that our stunt privileges have been revoked. During practices where we were stunting, everyone wore their masks; however, some people would pull them down once they got hot or to catch their breath. I always tried to keep my mask on due to being within 6 feet of the girls I was stunting with but it wasn't always easy especially during those hard practices. About a week and a half ago, I received the following message from a girl on my team: 


She was informing us that she tested positive for COVID. This is someone I'm actively around at practice and work closely with. I was so upset with her that I never responded in the messages. I was upset because she would always tell the rest of the girls that if they didn't feel well to stay home and not to go out and party. However, she never followed her own advice. She irresponsibly went out various times and told us she thought she had a cold, but came to practice anyway. Immediately after hearing this, I scheduled my COVID test. The second test that I've had to schedule due to those around me on this team. It was super frustrating because I don't think it's that hard to sit down somewhere especially when everyone else's health is at risk. Later this day, I received a call from UK Health Corps informing me that I had to quarantine due to being in close contact with someone who tested positive. Suddenly another load of frustration hit. Every other day for the past 8 days, UK Health Corps calls me at 8 am (waking me up super early) to check in on me during my quarantine. Luckily, my test was negative and I will be released from quarantine on Tuesday. If my test would have been positive, I genuinely think I wouldn't have had anything nice to say to her. I hope she, along with others on the team who have tested positive, have learned their lessons and trust that this pandemic is very real. When I return to practice, I plan to urge everyone to be more responsible in regards to their social life and choices when coming to practice. This was the second time in only three months that practices have been put on hold due to people getting COVID and I truly don't want there to be a third. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID and the Election

 COVID-19 has increased the likelihood of voting by mail. Many people took advantage of this during the 2020 election; however, for those wh...