Wednesday, September 30, 2020

COVID and Food

When restaurants shut down in Ohio in March of 2020 I had to adjust quickly to my new normal. Usually, I would go out and buy food or meet my friends at a restaurant almost every other day. Once the restaurants closed I had no choice but to eat at home. My mom always cooked so this wasn't a big deal, I was just so use to buying whatever I wanted to eat whenever I wanted to eat it. Other than COVID affecting my accessibility to fast food, it affected accessibility to things you'd typically find everyday in a grocery store. Things such as beef, bread, and water were often hard to find throughout lockdown. However, it saved me a lot of money because there was no where to spend it.

Overall, COVID improved my diet because I was unable to eat out as much. I ended up eating less simply because I had more balanced meals so I wasn't as hungry as I usually thought I was. I had healthier options for food and snacked less. My family also made things fun by having everyone in our household cook dinner one night. For my night, I made meatball sub boats, which are pictured below. 



Additionally, I was unable to return to my longtime job at Buffalo Wild Wings due to it being closed because of COVID. It took about a month to find a new job (I was finally hired at Walmart) because most places were closed or not hiring. COVID guidelines made working anywhere quite an adjustment as well because of how different things were. The way stores were ran completely changed; for example, they had to follow strict capacity guidelines and wear masks at all times. Hours of operation for stores also changed and those changes are still in affect today. 

Overall, COVID had a huge impact in every aspect of my life. I've benefited from some of the changes made but other changes not so much. As the pandemic continues, changes in my life will continue, so I've learned not to get too comfortable under current conditions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID and the Election

 COVID-19 has increased the likelihood of voting by mail. Many people took advantage of this during the 2020 election; however, for those wh...